SEPTEMBER - 1918
12. Thursday. Showery day. Feeling very tired but struggled on at novel & just a little shorthand Walked with Bessie Allin before supper.
13. Friday. Had a little walk with Miss Woledge. Worked as above. Wet afternoon.
14. Saturday. Wet day. Had to stay indoors Worked on shorthand & novel.
Week-end. Leaves coming down thickly on the lawn. Creepers turning red.
26. Thursday. Same as day before kept till 7.30 and consequently very tired No time to type.
27. Friday. Same as above kept till 7.40. Cold day.
28. Saturday. Went to 41 Russell Square at 10 cut a stencil and left at 1.30. Typed during afternoon. Cold day but spasmodic sunshine. Plane trees in height of glory.
SEPTEMBER - 1918
22. Sunday. At 13 Temple Fortune Court. Went to Mrs Aldridge to tea. Met Mrs Burnham. Took on a job with Mr Aldridge. Got back at 8.30
23. Monday Went to work at 41 Russell Sq. Lunch at Minerva.
24. Tuesday. Same as above but went to meeting of teachers in Memorial hall for Nina Boyle.
25. Wednesday. Same as above home rather late.
19. Thursday. Fine windy day. Mrs Fairweather & Mrs French came over from Hove in afternoon & I had tea out with them & sat on the Front.
20. Friday. Showery day. Listened to band in morning. Little Grant girl & I walked to Felpham before dinner
21. Saturday. Left Bognor in morning Had lunch with N.N. at 22 Harley Rd. Then went on to stay with Miss Hodge. Lovely day.
Week-end. Good many leaves coming down but trees still well dressed.
15. Sunday. Lovely day. Sunny and soft. Wrote & went to odius [odious] church in morning Afternoon listened to the band with Bessie Allin & Nurse Grey & read an E. M. Dell book.
16. Monday. Grey day. Finished novel
17. Tuesday. Fine day. Went to Felpham such a lovely little church & thatched cottages
18. Wednesday. Fine day. Went for walk with Miss Woledge before dinner. Feeling very depressed & weak.