NOVEMBER - 1918.
28. Thursday. Dull foggy day Miss Bertram & Miss Booth Scott came & stayed at 22 Harley Rd. Ethel kept me awake late.
29. Friday. Exactly same routine as day before.
30. Saturday. In afternooon A.A. & I went to a pupils' concert at house of Maud Allan "West Wing" North Gate Regents Pk. Pupils of Gertrude Peppercorn (Mrs Aumonier). Muddy streets. Quite grey but mild. A.A. raved because Brownie had not written bread & butter letter
NOVEMBER - 1918.
24. Sunday Profitless day fiddled around neither worked Nor rested. Dull day & cold. Very tired.
25. Monday. Fog all day got home to prepare meal. Ethel out. Peter misbehaved in Wardrobe & Ethel acted ass.
26. Tuesday. Got home v. tired to find E.C. Brown there. Did not get to bed till late & Ethel slept in room & disturbed me as I cd. hear again. Dense fog & rain in evening. Had to prepare meal
27. Wednesday. Brownie came with me to office & left. Office routine. Disturbed by Ethel at night
NOVEMBER - 1918
21. Thursday. Fog again. Arose to cold miserable house. Glad to get to office. Another trivial pottering day. Nelson S. came after 11 & kept me up to let him in - Thereby little more chill but powerful cough mix. kept me quiet.
22. Friday. Grey day again but not quite such dense twilight. Got up & got N's breakfast. Ethel appeared with news of her Father's death.
23. Saturday. Lunch with Lady B. Judge Mackarness, R. Dalton & Mrs R. Reed at Albermarle. Sun pierced the fog at lunch time for a little while. Got home at 5.30 & made black velveteen tam.
DECEMBER - 1918.
19. Thursday. Dark foggy day. Eye tiresome bathed it in
20. Friday. Met Ethel & Claude at 7.30 & saw "Man from Toronto" at Duke of York's Tully & Iris Hoey, principals. Dull dark day. Fred called up about 6 & had a yarn. Mrs Aldridge & I had lunch at Minerva
21. Saturday. Worked in office till 3. & got home & wrote Xmas notes & got my few parcels ready. Dull day.
Week-end. [no entry]
DECEMBER - 1918
22. Sunday Miss Smith & I at home. Many Indians. Ethel & K. Adams, F. Post, Mr & Mrs Carpenter & others. Wet dull day.
23. Monday. Worked in office & went home to Miss Hodge at night. Miss Wren had nice dinner waiting.
24. Tuesday. Worked in office & went home to Miss Hodge.
25. Wednesday. Lovely frosty morning but grey later. Dinner with Miss H & Miss W. Supper alone & went to bed.