- Dates: Format dates in full, such as
[18 September 1893]
- Names: If the names of multiple individuals are listed on separate lines, please separate them with commas
- Addresses: Please separate parts of addresses with commas, e.g. John Smith, 10 Bond Street, London
- Spelling: Use original spelling. If the meaning is not clear, add modern spelling in square brackets following original spelling
- Abbreviation: Do not expand abbreviations or ampersands (&).
- Capitalization: Modernize for readability
- Punctuation: Only add periods or commas in order to separate names of individuals or parts of addresses, making the meaning clear. Do not add additional apostrophes.
- Illegible text: Indicate illegible readings in single square brackets:
- Measuring sample images: Please estimate the height and width of the image sample based on the ruler provided at the bottom of each image. If this cannot be estimated, please leave the fields blank.